Supportive Living Program
What is Supportive Living?
Supportive Living is a service that will help an individual live in his or her own residence with a minimal amount of assistance. Our staff will provide the support services necessary for an individual with a disability to obtain their own personal residential living arrangement that is less restrictive than a group home or supervised apartment setting.
Who is eligible for services?
All candidates for Supportive Living must be registered with the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (NJ DDD) and are referred for our services by their staff. Their regional office is located in Mays Landing, New Jersey and their telephone number is 1-(609)-476-5200. Persons referred must be between the ages of 21 to 65. An initial evaluation will be held to insure that the applicant is self sufficient in the following areas: self preservation in emergency situations, self medication, personal sufficiency in basic shopping skills, telephone skills, and personal hygiene needs.
What services are provided?
Our supportive living staff will provide the following services and activities:
- Assist in the eligibility determination of services through an agency based assessment process
- Assist with independent living training (home maintenance, personal hygiene and grooming, menu planning, food preparation, personal shopping skills and fire safety training)
- Banking and personal budgeting skill training.
- Employment planning activities (to include referrals to our Supported Employment Services and assistance with related travel training).
- Training in health maintenance issues
- Training in related social skills needs
Is there a cost involved?
There is no fee for supported living services. Consumers in this program must have sufficient personal income required to obtain and maintain their housing, including the costs of an apartment or other personal residence, food, related utilities, and personal recreational needs. This program is funded by the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities.
What is the first step?
Register with the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities for residential support services. Please contact your NJ DDD case manager and inform him or her that you wish to be considered for the Arc of Cumberland County Supportive Living program.
Please click here to review our Supportive Living Consumer Handbook
For personal assistance, please contact:
Director of Programmatic Services
This page last updated August 15 2017 21:04:18 -0400