Criteria for Acceptance
Table of Contents
- You want to work in a job that you like and for which you can be trained to perform. The job you want is available in your community.
- Your parents, friends, and other people in your life are supportive of your desire to work.
- You are able to get to a job, using a bus, a taxi, your own car or with help from your family members or friends. You are willing to be trained to use public transportation if needed.
- You are willing to work the days and hours required in the kind of job you want.
- You know that getting a job may change the Social Security benefits, health care benefits, and other income that you presently receive.
- You are not using illegal drugs or abusing alcohol or prescription drugs.
- You have been referred by an agency such as the New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- If you need long-term follow along services, you are eligible for DVRS or possibly other funding in order to receive follow along support services.